If you are very much into online transfers, you must have used PayPal and Cash App for the purpose. Cash App and PayPal both are widely used payment methods, but they are not connected directly. But do you know that it is possible to transfer funds between the two apps? We have mentioned here all the possible ways to connect Cash App to PayPal and seamlessly carry out transactions between the two.
How can you send money from the Cash App to PayPal?
Although you can not send your money directly from Cash App to PayPal, you have the option to use Cash App Card for the purpose.
- Get a Cash App Card: If you are at least 18 years, you can request a Cash App Card from the app. Just go to your home screen and select the Cash Card tab. Now follow all the steps as mentioned on the screen and input the information asked. The card will be delivered to your house in about 10 days. Don’t forget to add money to Cash App card before moving to the next step.
- Link Card to PayPal account: As a logged-in user, scroll down to see banks and cards list on the screen. Then click on ‘Link a Card or Bank’. Enter your name, card number, and expiration date. After that, set the Cash Card as your default payment method.
How to transfer money from the Cash App to PayPal without card?
You can also transfer the amount from Cash App to PayPal through your bank account. Just follow these steps:
- View Cash App Balance: Before moving any further, make sure you have enough Cash App balance to be transferred. To see how much balance you have, click on the dollar sign icon in the app.
- Choose to Cash Out: Now you need to transfer your Cash App money to your bank account. Choose the ‘Cash Out’ option showing on your balance screen and enter the amount which you want to transfer. The transaction may take up to 3 days to complete. However, if you want an instant transfer, you may have to pay a small transfer fee.
- Transfer Money to PayPal: Open your PayPal app. You will see an option to transfer money under your PayPal balance. Choose to cash in your money using this button. You can also click on the ellipsis button at the top right corner. Select ‘Add Money’ and choose the bank account from which you have to transfer the amount.
Can you transfer money from PayPal to Cash App?
The PayPal app can be used as a payment method in almost every situation. If you are thinking of transferring your money from the PayPal wallet to the Cash App, you won’t be able to do so. PayPal doesn’t allow its users to transfer their money directly to the Cash App. But don’t worry you can still make this transaction if you know how to do it correctly. For this purpose, you will have to link your Cash App to your PayPal account indirectly as explained in the next heading.
How can you link Cash App to PayPal?
We have two methods here to link your Cash App to your PayPal account.
Through Bank Account:
- First, connect PayPal to your bank account. In the PayPal app, tap on the Transfer Money option on the left side of your screen.
- Choose your desired transfer option.
- Then enter the router number and account number of the required bank account.
- Now connect the Cash App to the same bank account. Complete the Cash App login process and click on the Banking icon present at the bottom.
- Under ‘Accounts’, click on ‘Link Bank’ and provide the routing and account number again.
Through Debit Card:
- Request a Cash App card from the app itself and activate it online.
- Click on the My Cash icon in the Cash App and tap on Cash.
- Now choose the Direct Deposit option and enable your account. Note down your routing and account number from there.
- Open the PayPal app and choose to Link a new bank account from the settings menu.
- Enter your card details and tap on ‘Link Your Bank’.
- Now the two apps are connected and you can transfer money.
As both Cash App and PayPal are extensively used for fund transfers, it is quite useful to know how to connect them. Although a direct transfer is not possible, you can still use indirect ways to send money from Cash App to PayPal or vice versa. You can either use a bank account or debit card for transactions between the two apps. Both the ways are secure and reliable, so choose one at your convenience.