The cash app is one of the most secure, and convenient methods to transfer money online. It also helps you to split bills with your friends and family members. But sometimes, you might prefer any other application for whatever reason maybe. In such a case, you simply need to delete your Cash app account permanently. It is very simple and easy to delete your Cash App account. Check out the detailed article to know how to delete your Cash App account.
Important Things to Must Keep in Mind Before Deleting Your Cash App Account
You can delete your account even if you have activate cash app card. You must keep the following points in mind before deleting your cash app account.
- It must be noted that you cannot access your payment history once your Cash App account is deleted or deactivated. So, you cannot download your payment history if you need it in the future.
- Your account cannot be deleted if there are any pending payments or deposits. It is important to send any pending funds and clear your account of any funds before proceeding with account deletion.
- It is important to cancel your Cash App subscription and stop any upcoming month billing before deactivating your Cash App account.
How to Delete Your Cash App Account on Website?
You need to follow the steps given below if you want to delete your Cash app account from the Cash App website:
- Visit the Cash App login website and then enter your email address or your phone number to log in to your Cash App account.
- This will open the Cash app dashboard of your account. Click on the Request Sign in Code appearing on your page. Then, you will receive a code on your registered email address or SMS, depending on the information provided by you while signing in to your account.
- Enter the received code and click on the “Sign In and confirm your identity” button.
- Open Account & Settings and navigate to the Personal Information tab. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Deactivate Account button.
- This will redirect you to a page where you need to provide a reason for deleting your account. Just select a suitable reason and click on Continue. Enter your full name, phone number, and email address in your message.
How to Delete Your Cash App Account Using the Phone?
You can also delete the Cash App account over your phone using the Cash app application. All you have to do is:
- Open the Cash App on your phone and login to your account.
- If all the funds in your account are clear, then you need to click on the circular icon indicating a person in the upper-left corner to open the Account Menu.
- Scroll down on the account menu and click on the ‘Cash Support’ option. Then, tap on the ‘Something Else’ menu.
- On the ‘Something Else,’ menu, click on the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- Then, you have to click on Close my Cash App Account. This option basically confirms that you can deactivate your Cash App account.
At last, you’ll be automatically logged out of the Cash App, and then receive a delete confirmation message at your registered email address or through SMS.
Hope, the points mentioned in this article might have helped you in deleting your Cash App account. It is very simple and easy to delete your Cash app account. It basically depends on whether you want to delete it through the Cash App website or through your phone, any method will help you seamlessly.